Denville, the "Hub of Morris County"
Denville Township is located in Morris County NJ. Denville is home to approximately 17000 residents who populate about 6,500 homes which are located within the township’s 12.4 mile radius. About 4,500 of these properties are family homes and 32.% are aged 0-18.
Denville’s residents enjoy excellent public schools, several parks and recreation areas, great shopping options, and a downtown which is lined with an array of quaint shops and restaurants.
Denville Township Public School District
From pre-kindergarten to the 8th grade, the township’s residents attend the three schools (2 elementary schools and one middle school) that comprise the Denville Public School District. In total, these schools serve about 1800 students and employs about 140 classroom teachers, giving the district a student to teacher ratio of about 13:1.
High school students from Denville attend Morris Knolls High School. Morris Knolls HS is located in Denville, but also serves several students from neighboring Rockaway Township As of 2015, Morris Knolls served 1557 High School students and had a student to teacher ratio of 11.7:1.
Shopping & Dining
Downtown Denville boasts several unique family-owned stores and restaurants that line the township’s downtown area (namely Main Street and Broadway). Additionally, there are several great shopping options located in or very close to Denville:
- Downtown Denville. where several small boutiques, coffee shops, and restaurants are located.
- The Shoppes at Union Hill. Located on Route 10 and the Rockaway Mall, which is a 5 minute drive from downtown Denville.
- The Rockaway Mall. The Rockaway Mall is an indoor shopping mall with all of the brand name stores. Driving from downtown Denville to the mall takes roughly 5 minutes.
Commuting From Denville
Denville’s nickname, “The Hub of Morris County,” is one that is well-earned. The township’s 30 mile proximity to Manhattan allows residents enjoy easy access when commuting to New York City and other parts of the Tri-State area. The commuting options for Denville’s residents are:
- Highways & Driving. Highways in Denville NJ include: to I-80, I-287, and NJ State Route 46, making it easy to commute throughout the Tri-State Area.
- NJ Transit Trains. Located just out of the center of town, Denville’s both is a stop on both the Boonton-Montclair (offers connections int to New York City) and the Morristown-NYC (stops at Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown) NJ Transit lines
- Lakeland Bus Lines. Additionally, the NYC-bound Lakeland Bus stops in denville and ends in Manhattan at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. In total the commute time on the lakeland bus is about 40 minutes.
Parks in Denville
There are several parks publically available to Denvilles residents. These parks include: Cook's Pond, Gardner Field, Veterans Memorial Park, Focono Fields, Knuth Fields, Ford Road Field and the Tourne County Park.
All information deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the IDX Program of Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. Real estate listings held by other brokerage firms are marked as an IDX Listing and reference the listing brokerage. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker. Copyright © 2020 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
Updated: 29th May, 2020 4:52 AM.